Griffith High/Middle School Announcements
March 12, 2020
- Haven’t bought your Disability Awareness shirt. Don’t fret, we still have plenty to sell in sizes from Youth XS-Adult 4XL. They are only $12 and support the Intense Interventions program here at the Middle school/high school. We ask you wear them every Friday in the month of March to support Disability Awareness. Thank you to all of you who have already purchased yours!!
- Attention any boys interested in playing Golf: Please plan to attend a brief call-out meeting after school TODAY in the high school health room, D137, next to the Athletic office after school. If you are unable to attend find Mr. Worosz during the school day for information on joining the team.
- Attention! The Art Club will be meeting TODAY after school in room B112. New members are always welcome and encouraged to join. We are open to students with all interest, abilities and skills in the arts! Don’t forget to bring your art supplies and ideas. Stay creative!
- Attention junior and senior powderpuff volleyball players and coaches: please make sure you are at the main gym by 6pm TOMORROW. If you ordered a powderpuff t-shirt, please make sure you wear it to the game! Best of luck to both teams!
- Tomorrow’s theme is "Be Bold, Go Gold!” Wear your Childhood Cancer Awareness shirt if you purchased one or simply deck yourself out in as much black and gold as possible! Dancing with the Panthers is in two days but it’s not too late to start a team!!! Sign-ups are in G113.
- Want to see Mrs. Brenner wear a tutu? How about Mr. Jennings? Then be sure to donate your spare change to the Northwest Indiana Cancer Kids during passing period. Mrs. Novak will be collecting donations on the “G” all week and if we can raise $200 then you’ll see all your favorite administers wearing tutus during the school day on Friday! One more day!!! We can do it!!!!
- Attention all middle school and high school students and staff! Our 3rd annual Senior/Junior Volleyball Powderpuff Game will be held TOMORROW at 6:30PM in the main gym. Cost of admission is $5. Please come cheer on our boys! We will also have 50/50 Raffle at $1 a ticket and concessions sold by Deez Eatz!
- Attention! We will be having a call-out meeting for Unified Track next Monday, March 16th, after school in Ms. D’s room A 102.
- Attention all drama students working on Shrek the musical: please don't forget we have an ALL Cast, Crew, & Pit meeting after school on Monday, March 16th in the auditorium. This meeting will be brief. Please make sure you have your ad forms and payment, show shirt forms and payment, points sheet if you are a new member, and bios emailed to Mrs Parker by this date. Checks can be made payable to GHS. If you misplaced or never received forms, please see Mrs. Parker in H211 for extras.
- Attention seniors! Senior Banquet tickets go on sale starting Monday, March 16th! Tickets are $20 dollars and senior banquet will be held at Andorra Banquet hall in Schererville on Wednesday, April 8th @6PM. Please see Mrs. Parker in H211 or Mrs. O in H131 to purchase a banquet ticket. Checks can be made payable to GHS. Additionally, senior superlative voting will also start Monday, March 16th. All 2020 seniors will be receiving an email from Mrs. Parker and Mrs. O on how to vote for senior superlatives so please check your school email accounts.
Have a Great Panther Day!!!