Click on the following link to see our District Assessment Plan for Griffith Pubic Schools . With the onset of technology in education, we have seen an increase in the need for accountability through assessments. To closely monitor the assessments we provide for our students and staff, in 2012, we formed a district assessment team. Together, the team developed the following plan and meets quarterly to review the plan.GPS Assessment Team
The team established Monday, November 12, 2012 the following beliefs.Vision: Griffith Public Schools implements a comprehensive assessment system that measures and communicates student learning and program effectiveness to all stakeholders.Mission: The assessment of student progress at Griffith Public Schools:
- Represents evidence of learning
- Drives instructional practices and curriculum modifications
- Aligns the curriculum with the standards
- Identifies students’ needs
- Identifies teachers’ needs
- Communicates the achievement of standardized assessments and learning objectives to students, teachers, parents, administrators, post-secondary and career institutions
- Assessment is ongoing and meaningful to all participants.
- A cohesive range of assessments accurately demonstrates student achievement and growth.
- Assessment results drive instructional practices.
- Assessments measure the attainment of curricular objectives.
- Assessment practices are aligned among departments, like courses and grade levels.
- Assessments are aligned horizontally and vertically.
- Assessments results are shared with students, staff, parents, and the community.